- Photos must be shot on or around Martha’s Vineyard, they must be the original work of the person submitting them, and the photos must not have been digitally altered (minor color correcting is acceptable). Photos also must not have been previously published or submitted in previous Martha’s Vineyard Magazine contests. We ask past winners to please refrain from submitting photographs that are similar to their previous winning entries.
- Limit of 2 photo entries per person (each photo must be submitted with its own entry form). Entries must be uploaded to our website or postmarked by December 31, 2013, 11:59:59 EST.
- Photos will be judged on an anonymous basis by a panel to include professionals in the fields of photography and the arts, as well as Martha’s Vineyard Magazine staff.
- Prizes will be awarded for the three best photos overall: 1st prize: $100; 2nd prize: $50; 3rd prize: $25. They will also receive a free one-year subscription to the magazine. Winners will be announced in the Spring 2014 magazine.
- Photos and entry forms will not be returned. By entering your photo(s), you give usage rights to the Vineyard Gazette Media Group (including the Vineyard Gazette, Martha's Vineyard Magazine and Welcome to Martha's Vineyard travel guide) at any time in print or in any other media. There will be no payment for use of photos or information submitted for this contest other than awarded prize money; there is no fee to enter, and no purchase necessary to win. Employees of the Vineyard Gazette Media Group and their immediate families are not eligible.
[how to enter]
Each photo must be accompanied by an entry form (digital or print), which can be obtained on this website, or at the magazine offices at the Vineyard Gazette, 34 South Summer Street, Edgartown. Photos may be submitted in two ways:
- Digital images are preferred, and should be JPGs, of at least 300 dpi. E-mailed images will not be accepted. Please use the form below to upload your photograph.
- 8” x 10” print images are acceptable (but not printed via personal-computer printers because of inferior printing quality; they should be printed either commercially or developed). Attach an entry form to the back of each photo (do not include a name on the front of the photo, since judging is anonymous). Mail to:
Martha’s Vineyard Magazine
P.O. Box 66
Edgartown, MA 02539
or hand deliver to the magazine offices at the Vineyard Gazette, 34 South Summer Street, in Edgartown.
Contact Us |